Remodeling your bathroom can be an excellent opportunity to upgrade your style and add value to your home. There are many different options to consider; however, we’ve narrowed it down to a few that will benefit you, depending on your bathroom needs. These upgrades can both save you money and give your bathroom a more functional design.
1. Determine if you’d rather have a shower or a tub. Truthfully, if you don’t take baths, installing a bathtub is unnecessary. Installing a walk-in shower may be the better option. Plus, you can indulge in the size of the shower, utilizing any extra space to make it a spa shower.
2. Go with smaller, textured tiles for the shower. Make sure it’s a tile you can stand to walk and move around on. The surface will help keep from slipping on the wet and soapy floor. The extra grout needed for the tiles acts as traction as well.
3. Install a window in your shower. Humidity is the cause of mold and mildew build-up, especially in a poorly ventilated bathroom. A window in the shower can help rectify any extra moisture build-up from the humidity of a hot shower. Plus, it will add natural light to your space.
4. Some bathrooms can’t get natural lighting. In this case, you should install more lighting. Adding a dimmer to the overhead lights to help create a calm environment while you’re taking a bath or a shower. Get recessed fixtures installed around the mirror to make getting ready that much easier.
5. A traditional medicine cabinet can be bulky and take away some vital space in the bathroom. To have a modern feel to your bathroom, build your medicine cabinet into the wall.
6. Hidden toilet tanks are a newer look that can be beneficial to any small bathroom space. These toilets are more environmentally friendly because of their low-flow methods. Not only are you saving on space, but you’re saving on water consumption!
7. Bigger pipes can help everything drain faster and easier. Have your plumbing using 2-inch pipes as opposed to the standard 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch pipe, which can have problems with clogs. That extra 3/4 or 1/4 an inch can make a difference. The 2-inch pipe is excellent for a house that has several people in it.
Our highly acclaimed services are backed by a variety of industry standards and associations. As partners and members of both well known local and national organizations, you can be sure that you will always receive quality craftsmanship no matter what your project scope.
Visit Our Gallery Showroom
In our Gallery Showroom see what you are getting, live and in person. Were the Lehigh Valley bathroom remodeling pros with top quality merchandise is on display so you can choose what fits your home with confidence.