Memorial Day is a time for picnics & fun, but it might be a little different this year. While we can’t gather together like we usually would, we can share in the excitement and celebrate while social distancing! Don’t let the distance stop you either, gather the family together through video chat to create the meals together! Below are a few, great ideas for your picnic foods you can enjoy together or over video chat.
● Tossed Salad with Dressing: Salads are refreshing on warm days. For this salad, you’ll need an avocado, lettuce of your choice, parsley, some olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a garlic clove. After pureeing the avocado all you have to do it mix it up and enjoy.
● Triple Dipped Fried Chicken: Are you looking for the crispiest piece of chicken for your picnic? One layer isn’t enough. To get the best flavor, you need to dip your chicken at least three times in the batter to get that great crunch. You’ll need all-purpose flour, garlic salt, black pepper, paprika, egg yokes, water, vegetable oil for frying, and of course, the chicken. The key is to moisten the chicken with water and then dip it onto the dry ingredients at least three times for that perfect crunch.
● Pulled Pork Sandwiches: If you like barbeque, you’ll probably enjoy this sandwich. Pulled pork is one of the easiest dishes to make because it only needs three ingredients. You’ll need boneless pork ribs, beef broth, and barbeque sauce of your choosing. Cook the boneless pork ribs and beef broth in the slow cooker for four hours. After that, shred it with forks and stir in the barbeque sauce. Add it to an iron skillet and bake for the best flavor.
● Spicy Grilled Shrimp: Any seafood lovers out there? Shimp is excellent on its own, but why not give it a little kick? You’ll need garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and your favorite shrimp. Mix everything into a bowl, minus to olive oil to make a spicy coating. The oil is used for grilling the flavor into the shrimp lightly.
● Simple Guacamole: This is a light and healthy dish to nibble on while you’re enjoying a sunny day. You’ll need mashed up avocados, lemon juice, green onions, and some cilantro. Mix it all together with some salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite chips.