When considering a home remodeling project, think about why you are doing it. What do you like and dislike about your house and layout? What is the intended use of the renovated space? Be sure to keep the design in mind as the redesign will guide the project. You should also research property values and amenities other homes in your neighborhood offer, before beginning any project, to make sure your remodeling project is in line with the other homes in the area.
- How long do you plan on living in your home? If you intend to live in your home for years, think long-term, and plan accordingly.
- How do you anticipate your family life changing over time?
- For short term residency, do you need to increase the value of your home for (quick) resale?
- Is your kitchen and/or bathroom outdated, or, is the desire to remodel purely for aesthetics?
- Are you planning on having more children?
- Will you be downsizing, in the near future?
- College students living at home or just weekends and holidays?
- Or are you going to be an empty nester soon? But, need the space for hobbies or visiting grandchildren.
- Telecommuting; working more from home or starting a new business venture?
- Aging parents, do you need an in-law suite?
- Or concern for your future and remodeling to allow for ground floor master suite?
- Do you need additional income? Considering adding on an apartment/rental property.
As everyone’s life can change quickly. It’s important to be honest with yourself when answering these questions. Consider them early on during the thought process, prior to engaging a contractor, to ensure your project will fit your lifestyle long ,after it’s complete. You will fare better if upgrades and renovations are made intentionally, and not just on impulse.
Remodeled basements provide tremendous potential for needed space. They can be the answer needs for an in-law suite, visiting grandchildren, game room, home office, laundry room, storage, closet space, an apartment for your college age children, media room or home gym.
Call or stop by Bella Casa Design, to discuss your needs…we’ll give you the look of your dreams!
Bella Casa Design & Remodeling Showroom
Kitchens, Baths, Flooring, & Basements
1812 W. Tilghman St, Allentown, PA
Serving Lehigh Valley and Surrounding Areas
Special Sale Promotions
Visit us online or at our Allentown showroom
to see examples of our unique and timeless designs